Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Snow In Vordingborg...

Finall the snow arrived in Vordingborg...


Here, the story of winter in Denmark begins. We have been expecting snow for over two weeks in Vordingborg because it has got colder and colder. Finally, tonight we had the first snow in Vordingborg.


In fact, it has been quite a lot time since I saw snow for the last time because the only way to see snow in my hometown in Turkey is to go up to the mountains. Anyway, it rarely snows in the sea level in my hometown so I was quite excited about the first snow. When it started snowing tonight, I really wanted to go out to see more snow and to have some snow ball fights with friends. I could hardly convince Rikke, one of our friends from Rex ( the house where I stay )  to come with us because she, in fact, does not like snow at all. We just went by the ruins of the Goose Tower and enjoyed the perfect scene together. We, of course, had some snow ball fights. I also learned the Danish word for the mixture of rain and snow ( slud ) from Rikke as it was snowing like that.

After enjoying the snow, we turned back to home and had some hot tea in our warm kitchen. Now, I am writing in my room thinking how it is going to be in the winter? I hope that it is going to be as enjoyable as it has been tonight in the winter as well.

P.S. : How do we pronounce "slud" by the way? I don't remember at all. OK, I will ask Rikke tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment