Monday, December 27, 2010

First Semester Ends...

After a long time, I am back to write. Exams are over and we handed in our papers; in short, we are done with the first semester in Denmark. Some of our friends have already left but  me and some of other friends will stay in Denmark for the next semester as well.

This semester has been  long, tiring, and full of fun of course. In English class, we have been dealing with several  dimensions of language and language teaching; from culture to grammar. For the last two month we have been dealing with phonetics and I really learned a lot during these lessons. For instance, in the past I used to consider pronunciation only something that I should be aware of. However, now, I also realized the importance of teaching pronunciation and other speaking skills in my class. Moreover, in educational studies class, we have been studying classroom management, different educational theories, problems in youth. Meanwhile, we have been dealing with different tasks, including group discussions, verbal and written presentations. 

At the end of the semester, we handed in an exam paper for educational studies and we had an oral exam. It was a different experience to take an exam I haven't been used to. We also handed in a phonetic portfolio and an exam paper for English class. We have been working hard on our papers and teaching plans.  In short, it was a challenging and productive semester for me. Now, we really deserve having a rest and enjoying our free time in Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment